Job Title: Scrum Master
Department: Development, QA & Ent Arch
Job Location: Centennial, CO / Jacksonville, FL
Reports to: Manager, Quality Assurance
The Scrum Master will be Guiding product team(s) on how to use Agile/Scrum practices while guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks. Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment. Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution. Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information. Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog. They will also be assessing the Agile Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Facilitate team retrospectives and offer up different styles/forums that fit the team’s personality.
- Constantly coaching team members, guiding their understanding of and embodying agile principles and values.
- Consult with members of various functional groups concerning product issues and functional specifications
- Facilitate design and development walkthrough with team members
- Provide weekly status reports to the Management
- Remove impediments/blockers and work with team sponsor when those impediments need escalation
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying agile principles, practices, and theory
- A passion for the agile mindset and be able to share with the organization why it is effective.
- Working experience of Scrum behaviors and common practices.
- Solid skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Strong coaching skills: one-on-one and in teams
- High collaboration skills in the team
- Strong facilitation: in retrospectives, team meetings, and one-on-one
- Able to suggest data gathering approaches to the team
- Ability and desire to drive change through high-energy, can-do attitude; comfortable working in a high-performance, entrepreneurial, open-door environment
- Must be an outstanding communicator and team player who demonstrates attention to detail, and who also understands how to ensure finance initiatives that support the long-term strategy of the business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Attention to detail / detail oriented
- Knowledge of Scaled Agile Frameworks (Spotify, LeSS, DA, etc)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc...
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, etc.
- Knowledge of Jira is preferred
At Beeline, we cultivate a positive work environment and are passionate about who we are and what we do. We are looking for talented, driven, and adaptable people who will contribute to vision, mission and our future! Ideal candidates are intensely curious about globalization and technology, exhibit a can-do attitude, and approach their work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment, and be excellent at multi-tasking.